Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

My first Alone time as a dad!!!


I am sitting far away from home and am by myself with my daughter for the first time since it became official. I just gave her a bottle and we are listening to Raffi on the magic of Pandora for Blackberry. I have so many thoughts running through my head right now. The strongest one is I am wondering how I went so long without this. I am so at peace! I feel like for the first time in so very long that there is nothing wrong with the world. Nothing to worry about, no searching to find someting we didn't know existed.
I watched my wife become a mother today and it was even better than I had always imagined. Just watching her with Brooklyn makes me realize that I made such a great choice when I choose the woman who would be the mother to my children.
I personally want to thank everyone who ever helped us. By donating, praying, positive thoughts, or just listening to us vent. Everyone of you helped us to fill the Grand Canyon of a void that was in our life with the perfect child, at the perfect time.
Gotta go, someone is not smelling so good! Oh that is what dad's do....That's me!!

Thanks again

DL

1 comment:

  1. Dustin (Tara too),
    I knew that your day to be amazing parents would come. You both are too good to not be the blessings in a childs life. Brooklyn is a blessed child and with everything I am, I am happy for the both of you.

    Much love...miss you much. I cannot wait to meet her.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete