Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, August 21, 2009

An amazing day!


On Wednesday, August 19th we became Brooklyn's legal guardians! There is a lot to this process and it takes quite a while for the adoption to be completely finalized, but this was the biggest step we've taken so far. We couldn't be happier to have all of our names together on a document stating that she is now our daughter!!!

As everyone can imagine the celebrations have began and now we are going to have an adventureous weekend with Grandma M., Grandma & Grandpa F., Great-Granny F., Uncle Corey, Aunt Becky, Makayla and Conner! We can't wait to introduce her to everyone soon, but are loving every minute of time we can get to just hold and squeeze her.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! She's beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sooooo happy for the both of you. Congratulations. She's soooo cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dustin and Tara,
    I have been following your story since Becky told me about you trying to adopt. You have been in my thoughts and prayers and I will continue to do so, as time goes on. I am so happy for you! Congratulations! She is beautiful. Enjoy being parents! I am sure she is all you were hoping for!
    I hope to meet Brooklyn someday!
    ~Hillary

    ReplyDelete