On Sunday, July 12th we went to Vegas to meet our Birthmother! It has only been about a week and a half since this "whirlwind" started this process with her and talk about an emotional time! There are so many words that describe what we were feeling as we drove the 5 1/2 hours there on Saturday...Anticipation, nerves, hope, fear, excitement...I could continue on, but I think we get the point:)
We arrived in town about 10 p.m. and tried to walk off some nervous energy only to go back to our room and attempt to sleep. It was a pretty restless night for us both (they all have been since we began) and I think we slept maybe 5 hours combined. I know that I had several different dreams about possible scenarios and finally decided I had to just get out of bed and walk.
Our Birthmom decided to meet us in the middle of the MGM Grand and when she arrived it felt like hours before she actually made her way to us! When she arrived her first words were "You guys have been looking in every direction but the way I was walking:)" We immediately felt a connection with her and sat down to talk.
We talked about absolutely everything we could think of and in the middle of lunch she grabbed Dustin's hand and put it on her belly to feel the baby kick! He was a little surprised by this I think, but it was such a wonderful moment for us both. We made some plans for the next few weeks and what we wanted to do when the baby arrived and then after 2 1/2 hours we had to say goodbye.
We decided we didn't really want to go, but it would probably be best for her if we didn't monopolize all of her weekend...besides we still had to drive home! I think the best way to describe our emotions at this time was "walking on the clouds." We knew we had family waiting on pins and needles for our calls afterwards and were probably going nuts since it was such a lengthy conversation. We walked back towards our car and started making phone calls as we got ready to come back home.
I would describe these hours with her as some of the best in my life! What a wonderful person to be able to commit to doing something so wonderful for someone else with out a doubt in her mind! She even posted on the web-site we met on that she was "So happy with my decision. I love my PAPS (perspective adoptive parents)!" and she also stated that she finally felt "peaceful." We also feel peaceful at the moment:)
Monday, July 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment